Home School Communication
- Academy website
- Text messaging service
- Truancy Call
- Sims Parent App
- The student planner
- Parent Information evenings
- Telephone calls
A parent / carer should:
- Be aware of the different ways in which they can contact the academy ie. in person, telephone, letter or email
- Ensure that their contact details are kept updated (including changes to mobile phone numbers and home email addresses)
- Regularly check the website and in student planners for term dates and general information
- Be clear about which member of staff they need to contact regarding their concern
- Let staff know in advance if they cannot attend a pre-arranged meeting
- Be aware that Open Academy adheres closely to the Safeguarding Policy so a parent / carer must report to the reception on arrival as a matter of Health and Safety
- Be contacted by the relevant member of staff within a reasonable length of (within three working days) depending on the nature of the concern
Who do I contact?
Reporting an absence:
e-mail: email@example.com Attendance of new intake, please contact Mrs Ganson Inclusion Secretary Tel: 01603 481640
A student's general wellbeing and/or general progress:
1st Contact - The Tutor
2nd Contact - The Inclusion Coordinator
Initial contact may be made with the Inclusion Coordinator if the matter is of a serious and/or highly sensitive nature.
Destiny / Inspiration
Tel: 01603 461650
Challenge / Respect
Tel: 01603 481663
Tel: 01603 481681
Head of Faculty
Communication - Mrs Taylor
Maths - Mr Fisher
Science - Mr Hunt
Academic Learning – Ms Stickland
Applied Learning - Mr Richardson
SENCO - Ms Chapman
3rd Contact - Member of the Senior Leadership Team
Mrs Liz Clayton - Assistant Principal
Mr Phillip Wilkinson - Assistant Principal
Mrs Pauline Sturgeon - Assistant Principal
Ms Kate Wenlock – Assistant Principal
Contacting the Principal
Contact can be made through the Principal's Personal Assistant - 01603 481640
Contacting the Governors
All correspondence should be sent to the school office addressed to the Chair of Governors - Mr Nick Plater
Contact the main office directly 01603 481640 and ask to be put through to the relevant member of staff. If they are unavailable a message will be taken and passed to the member of staff.
Teachers will be unable to receive or make calls during registration periods or when teaching.
Depending on the nature of the concern, a reply should be made by the member of staff concerned within three working days.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org This is the general Academy e-mail address. It is important that in the email you include both your child's name and tutor group.
Appointments should be made by agreeing a time with the relevant member of
staff. Teaching staff are unlikely to be available to meet with a parent/carer who has not made an appointment.