ASSISTANT TO THE SENDCO
Required to start 1 September 2021
Salary Scale F point 12 to 17 (pro rata)
22.5 hours per week (job share) working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, term time plus one week
Salary range Scale F point 12 £22,183 to point 17 £24,491 (Pro Rata)
Actual Salary £11,551 to £12,753
Our aim is to provide a transformative education for the children of our community, by treating every child as the blessing that they are.
We are looking for an experienced, committed and enthusiastic individual with a background in SEN who would welcome the opportunity to assist the SENDCO with the organisation and administration of SEND in the Academy.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
• A good secondary education with GCSEs in English and Maths as a minimum. The post would also be suitable for a graduate who has an interest in education
• Good ICT and organisational skills
• The ability to relate to and motivate young people
• Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing daily routines
• The desire to make a real difference to young people’s life chances
• Proven experience of working with vulnerable students as such qualities are essential requirements to work in this challenging but extremely rewarding position
Open Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to relevant checks in line with Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding procedures.
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28 July 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
Interviews: Friday 30 July 2021