In November 2018, Open Academy was inspected and the overall effectiveness was judged Requires Improvement with the following strengths;
- Leaders have designed the curriculum effectively to provide pupils with a breadth of knowledge and understanding.
- Pupils’ understanding of fundamental British values is well developed by leaders. Being different in this school is fine.
- The independent advice and guidance leaders provide works well. The proportion of pupils remaining in education or moving into employment or training has risen markedly.
- Leaders have secured high staff morale. Staff feel well supported by leaders and enjoy working at the school.
In April 2015, Open Academy was inspected and the overall effectiveness was judged to be Good.
Our 'GOOD' grading celebrates what we provide for our students;
- Leadership and management
- Behaviour and safety of pupils
- Quality of teaching
- Achievement of pupils
- Sixth form provision