BTEC Level 3 Sport
Students will learn through projects and assignments based on all aspects of the sports coaching and sports management environment. The course will appeal to students who want to obtain a sport-based qualification to lead them onto university or employment.
Entry requirements: Five 4-9 grades at GCSE.
Key Stage 5
Aims and Objectives
1. Post-16 courses (BTEC Sport) building on the offer at Key Stage 4 ready
for Higher Education or the world of work in the sporting environment.
2. Develop and prepare students for life outside education linking anatomy
and physiology, fitness, sports injury, sports business and professional
development alongside many more.
3. Inspire and develop talented footballers with our link to Wroxham Football
Club through both academic teaching and practical coaching.
Activities and Assessment
Two courses are offered –
· BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate (Equivalent to one A-Level) This course
can also be upgraded to the Diploma in Sport (Equivalent to two A-Levels)
· BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (Equivalent to three A-Levels)
Both courses are assessed using both Exam and Assignments, with each
being worth a percentage of the overall grade.
Links: Please click on the link below to see the course specification and use
the drop down menu to select the Extended Certificate or Extended Diploma.
American College of Sports Medicine www.acsm.org
British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences www.bases.org.uk
Human Kinetics www.humankinetics.com
Sport Science www.sportsci.org
Sports Coach UK www.sportscoachuk.org
Top End Sports www.topendsports.com
BBC Sport www.bbc.co.uk