Specialist Resource Base (Autism)
Required from September 2017
Salary NJC Scale 4 (pro rata)
32 hours per week, term time + one week
Salary range Scale 4 point 18 £18,070 to 21 £20,138 (Pro Rata)
Benefiting from a landmark building,Open Academy is a popular, thriving, over subscribed academy with rising GCSE results and an Ofsted report which deems us to be ‘good in all areas’.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible colleague to provide both one-to-one and in-class support for students in line with their Special Educational Needs. You will be joining a small team and will work across a wide variety of subject areas to help students make good progress.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
- A good secondary education - GCSE English and Maths at C grade or above and/or degree
- Experience of working with young people with Autism
- The ability to deal calmly and assertively with students, parents and staff
- Good ICT and organisational skills
- The ability to relate to and motivate young people
- Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing daily routines
- The desire to make a real difference to young people’s life chances
For further information and an application form, please visit our website at www.open-academy.org.uk or contact Julie Bossom, HR Officer on 01603 481675. email@example.com
All applications should be made electronically and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check andtraining in Child Protection/Safer Working Practices.
Closing date for applications: Monday 14 August 2017 at 10:00 am
Interviews: Wednesday 23 August 2017 (p.m.)